Saturday, January 17, 2009

London is bonkers!

A few bizarre things about London:

1. The flavor of their chips or "crisps" My personal favorites are the Turkey Stuffing and Prawn Cocktail flavored ones. What ever happened to Sour Cream and Onion?

2. The silence on the underground. No one talks, no one even looks at you, and if you are talking then you are usually given the evil eye. And for all of you that know me, it can be hard for me not to be loud. (Hey it runs in the Cody family!)

3. You do not get ice in your drinks, unless you ask for it.

4. Service at restaurants is completely different. Waiters do not lurk around your table and ask you every five minutes for a refill. It is not much of a tipping culture here, and since people do not work for tips they don't really need to be great servers.

5. There is no ketchup for fries at McDonald's!!!! When I saw the Golden Arches I was so happy I thought I would faint, but then when I sat down to eat and get ketchup there was none available! Also, it's not like supersize-me America where Ranch is taking over everyones food...I haven't even seen Ranch since I've been here! My roommate at PSU would be in serious ranch withdrawal by now if she were here!!


Also, I've been feeling a bit under the weather the past few days so I stayed in last night and watched Milk on my lap top. Wow, what an incredible movie. The cast was outstanding, and the movie really makes you stop and think about inequality back then and today too. I highly reccommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment