Tuesday, January 20, 2009

obamarama















I finally start classes tomorrow after being here 2 weeks already. I have my first class at 9 am, which is sure going to be a challenge for me because we all know I'm not much of a morning person, to say the least.

My first class is Writing London: Creative Writing about London and my second is Devising London. The first one is pretty self explanatory, and apparently the second one is sort of like an acting class. So...this should be interesting. I'll be in class all day from 9 to 5....which means I will be dreaming about a nap by the time I finally walk in my door at night.

Today, Monica and I met up on Baker Street to go to Madame Tussaud's (sp?) wax museum because it was free for Americans because of the inauguration. They unveiled the Obama statue today and I will be sure to post pics as soon as I can.

The wax figures are so life like it is scary, and they are really well done. In front of the Jennifer Aniston figure was a paparazzi figure as well and I actually thought it was a real person. I told Monica to watch out and wait before she took her picture with Jen because there was someone already taking a picture! Then after about 2 minutes, Monica finally realized that it was wax and we were just dumb.


After the museum, we raced back on the tube to my dorm so we could watch the inauguration and we made it just in time for Obama's speech. Everyone in London is so excited about Obama, all of the newspapers are covered with his picture and everyone I've met has had a really positive reaction to our new president. And although I wish I could have been home for this historic day in our history, I'm glad that I at least watched with people who are as excited about Obama as I am.


And last but certainly not least, Happy Birthday to the best older sister a girl could ask for!! Happy 22nd Car, wish I was celebrating with you!! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment