Monday, January 12, 2009

london townn

I am finally all settled here in London. I moved into the my dorm (International House) on Saturday and luckily there are a lot of other people I know from my program staying here as well. The dorm isn't bad, there is a nice common room on the first floor with lots of leather couches and a big screen. My room is way bigger than I thought it would be and is also pretty nice. Our dorm is just right down the street from the Underground, and there are bus stops all around as well so it is easy to get to and from places.

At first I thought I would have a hard time using the Underground and learning how to navigate, but it has been pretty simple to learn. It's nice that the tube line we use connects to most places we will need to go. The only problem is the tube closes at midnight, and the buses are a lot harder to figure out (especially after a pint or two).

Last night was our last outing with our program and we went to dinner and then to the Comedy Store to see an improv show. The show was hysterical and definitely something that I will be taking Kev, Lis, Car, and Kel to see when they come visit. Afterwards we went back to this huge bar in Picadilly called O'Neils. It has four floors, and all of us "loud, drunk, barbaric Americans" can usually be found dancing to the live music on the third floor.


Now that all of the scheduled events like orientation and stuff are over, it seems that I am finally "on my own" here in London. So the first thing I want to do is head over to Buckingham Palace because we didn't make it there on the bus tour. Who knows maybe Prince Harry will just happen to be around??


Miss you all back home!! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment